Tuesday 14 October 2008

Sell me a coat.

Autumn is coming, like a confused frog jumping backwards and forwards. One day it's hot and the next you can't even look out the window without wearing woolen socks.
I answered the phone with a German accent today, and i know from experience that my German accent is quite good, so when they hung up on me i was a bit miffed. Are people still bearing grudges? The next time someone tries to call me I'll try out the grandmother impression that includes a lot of talk about the weather, dinner, the walk i took yesterday and what i had for breakfast eight days ago.
One day i might end up owing my grandmother, she is my best impression. My only i think, i haven't tried anyone else. Except for the king of Norway, but anyone can do him (not 'do' him do him, the Queen wouldn't appreciate that. Unless.. No).

Some people would be filthy rich if they had copyright on their voice.


Moving along now.

The flowers in my window look suicidal. But then again, so would i be if i had to look at the man across the street practically fornicate with his car on a daily basis. Does that man ever leave his driveway??

Oh, and good news (not that you care) about the whole Neil Gaiman issue that when i come to think of it i haven't even written about that yet... I'll do it now!

I phoned Blackwell yesterday. Blackwell told me that the last ticket for Mr.G's reading was sold literally minutes before i called. That made me sad enough to eat peanut butter, something i am trying to stay away from since i started my diet.

But then all of a sudden i remembered having read something earlier, weeks ago actually, so i looked it up again. And there is was, the solution of all my problems! He is doing a Open Rights talk on the 24th of October, and i am going!
I got the ticket, one of the last ones, and emailed the guy who's arranging the whole thing. Why? To persuade him into having a 'magic password' at the entrance of course! And he turned out to be a guy with a sense of humor, so now we have a password and everyone is happy. Or i am at least.
And Jonathan Ross. I think. He should be, the man is loaded!

I won't write the password here, that would be silly of me. Then anyone could enter.

So instead of standing in queue with 600 people in a church, i get to sit down with a few people in a room and listen to his amazing voice talking about piracy versus obscurity before going upstairs to a private bar for drinks.
And thanks to Couchsurfing i have found somewhere to stay that weekend. And any guy who actually answer a message titled 'About that gerbil', is someone I'd like to meet in person.


I am going now, to watch weird stuff on Youtube and eat gum (because I'm on that diet).


R.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I had the same feeling as I exited the train station last night to be welcomed by that horrendous light drizzle and a drearily dark autumn evening. Time to get knitting, the gerbil will require a coat soon...