Wednesday 8 October 2008

Fetch me fedora! Quickly!

Lately I've been considering applying for the Mensa home test, just to see if i might qualify for the real, supervised one. I took one test online, it was developed by a Mensa test developer, so the results are not to be taken too seriously, but it was supposed to give a certain idea of what my result would have been on the Stanford-Binet test. To qualify for the membership you need to get a minimum of 132 IQ score on the Binet, or 148 on the Cattell. I got 126, so I'm 6 points under the required minimum..

How do you train your brain when you hate crosswords and Sudoku? Just wondering. A membership in Mensa would have been really cool, and a good thing to have on my CV, especially considering that i failed maths in college..

And they have social events and stuff for clever people, it sounds like a lot of fun! I think I'll just bite my teeth together and start taking quizzes and puzzles etc.

And i mean, six points under isn't that bad, is it? I bet I'll do better next time if i drink a lot of coffee and don't have 'The Jonathan Ross show' on in the background like the last time^^

My nails are really long now, i am actually thinking about getting a manicure, just to see if it's worth it. Pretty little pictures on my nails, i think i like it already!
I want a unicorn on my thumbnail, and a gerbil on my... yeah, maybe not.

Other events in my life:

Have decided not to go to the Amanda Palmer concert, even though i really, really want to.. I just can't afford London twice in one month, and i HAVE to meet Neil Gaiman.

Charlie spent the entire morning pretending to be a cat. The boy's got potential. Don't know what for, but definitely potential for something..

Lately I've watched so much Whose Line that all it takes for me to crack up is someone saying 'I'm Spartacus' (so far this hasn't happened in real life, but if it does I'll tell you [and probably marry the person who said it])

And i think I'm starting to realize who i am.

No comments: