Thursday 21 August 2008

Time warp!

I am working offline right now, there's no wireless connection here, so i'll just copy and paste later. I am at the pub, just having a drink before i go home again. I needed to get away for a little while, Bulford is driving me nuts.
I found a brochure in Tesco, and guess what? Dylan Moran is coming to Salisbury! Dylan Moran, the Oscar Wilde of contemporary comedy and stand up! I really hope the tickets aren't sold out already, he's popular. If you haven't heard of him i recommend you to go on Youtube and check him out. He has a show called 'Monster' there, good quality, and a lot of other stuff.
He starred in the wonderfully dark sit com 'Black books', a DVD series worth buying, cos you just want to see it again and again.

Gee, i sound like his manager or something.... Ah well, i am a huge fan.

This weekend I'll have to choose between going camping or going to a beer/music festival... Don't know what i want yet! I really wanna go camping with the family and ex Hells Angels people, but i want to go to the festival as well.... Why, oh why does it have to be like this? I mean, week after week without anything happening, and then all of a sudden everything at once... Typical.

I bought Gossip girl on DVD today, a friend told me it was worth a look. I have to stop spending all my money on films and DVD box sets. I should save up for whatever the future holds in store for me. But i just can't be bothered.

Lately i have been daydreaming about Japan, i want to go there. I don't really know why other then that I'd love to learn Japanese. I mean, you can easily buy language cassettes, DVD's, CD rooms etc, but i want to learn the native language.
What you learn in school is rubbish, i can say that because i know what i am talking about. My English lessons in school were rubbish. Yeah, we learned how to read books and we learned all the grammar, but we did not learn a single phrase that they actually use in conversation here. The slang, the 'street language', if you catch my drift?

Nooo, i had to actually move here to learn that. So i figure I'll have to do the same thing if i want to learn real Japanese. And, of course i love anime^^

Did you know that the phrase 'long time no see' comes from Hong Kong? It's so called Chinglish, they speak a mix between Chinese and English there. I don't really know any more then that, but i can imagine it's quite like badly dubbed anime, with strange grammar and pronunciation. One of my friends is from there, and he makes it sound like a place I'd want to live, but Japan is even more alluring for some reason. It is strange, i don't know anyone from there other then a friends ex that i met once.
But one of my friends in London (the one with the ex)wants to move there, so I'm not the only fascinated one^^

Argh! I hate not having my laptop plugged in, i can't stop watching the battery go down and down and down. It's on 40 % now. The shop boy who sold it to me said the battery would last for three hours, but i knew that was bullshit, they always lie. Always.

Lately I've been avoiding all my friends here, and i don't quite know why.. I think I'm just sick of all the gossip and drama. I want friends with the same interests as me, art, literature, music and films. Intellectual people who can keep up in a conversation about things a bit deeper then what he said and what she did.. It makes me sick how sheltered and limited they are sometimes. I mean, i love them to bits, but i need people on my own wave length. With Julie, my best friend in Norway, i could talk for hours about 'what happens after you die, do you believe there is life on other planets' etc... I just can't do that with these people. I mean, i can, but it would just be me talking and them listening with half an ear and a polite expression on their faces...

I know i should call them and tell them that everything is alright and that I'm not really cross with them and still alive and well, but i don't have any credit on my phone and I'm far away from Tesco right now.. I'll do it tomorrow.

Lou, Ali's friend recommended the art center in Salisbury, she said i was more likely to find 'my kind of people' there. I'm not gonna ditch my old friends here, of course not, but i need other people as well. People i can do more then just getting drunk and go dancing with.

1 comment:

Regine said...

Det er så fint å lese bloggen din på Engelsk, for det er noe jeg må trene meg på å lese ;)
Eller, jeg kan det. Men vil bli flinkere ^^