Monday 18 August 2008

Meeting all the Heroes...

The way it looks now i get to meet Terry Pratchett, Amanda Palmer and Neil Gaiman. Not at the same time, but all of them in London. Terry is doing a signing at Waterstones on September the 13th, that made me immensely happy.
I saw him once, in Gloucester, and another time in Amesbury. He lives not very far away from me, and he is one of my idoles.. and i chickened out both times! The first time he even smiled at me, and he was alone and obviously not busy at all. I could have had a conversation with my hero, with one of the funniest and cleverest men in the U.K, maybe even the world.

And what did i do?

I smiled like the idiot i am and let him walk away... Sometimes i resent myself.
The other time i was on the bus, he was sitting outside the bus reading a book. He looked up and spotted me, and smiled again. Almost as if he recognized me, but that's probably wishful thinking on my part.

This time i'll meet him for real! But it's not the same, this is a signing, not out in the open. I'll be queuing for prob. 4-6 hours before i get 10 seconds with him..
My only hope now is him recognizing me as his accidental stalker, and say something in the lines of "Oh it's you!" Righttt....That's likely.

Neil is coming in October, on Halloween to be exact, and that queue will be sooo much longer. I mean, the man is a walking, talking legend... I'll probably stand there all night, with a sweaty copy of 'The graveyard book' clutched in my hand and a silly grin on my face.
All just for 10-15 seconds with my hero, my imaginary husband, the literary love of my life.

t's soo worth it though!

Dresden dolls is performing in October as well, the 10th methinks, at Koko in Camden. Good venue, good people. Can't wait! I am actually in contact with Amanda Palmer's assistent on lj, maybe if i'm lucky i'll get to go back stage with the band. That'd be amazing, i love those crazy people^^

I am seriously considering to try and write a book in English, i mean, why not.. I have a excellent dictionary program on this laptop (pretty, pretty thing), and i lack the three last letters in the Norwegian alphabet on the key board anyway.. So writing in Norwegian would just end up with me having to do A LOT of editing work later on..

And anyway, i want to live in the U.K, all the authors and artists i admire lives here.. I want to be a part of it. I mean, Norway is alright, but it's not exactly Mecca when it comes to publishing... Over here authors are cool people, in Norway i feel the impression people have of them is more... ignorant?

No comments: