Monday 25 August 2008

Stepping in vomit.

Yes, you saw the title, but do you want to hear the rest of the story? It wasn't my vomit, but i was my shoes, and someone special was watching. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when all of a sudden i slipped in something disgusting. It looked a bit like porridge and was all over my shoe.
A lady walked over with her husband and stopped to ask if i was okay, and the husband said something and nodded his head while looking at me all sympathetically. But i couldn't hear them because of my Ipod, and when i turned it off it was to late. So i just nodded and said 'That was disgusting, yeah, thanks,' or something like that.
And they walked off.

I walked off.

I walked.

And walked.

And stopped abruptly when i realized who the nice lady and the sympathetic man had been:

Terry Pratchett and his wife!!!!

Why me, why me?? Can't i meet him just one time without acting like an idiot or stepping in vomit? If he remember me now, it's because of me cursing and dragging my vomit covered foot all over the side walk to clean it.... How lovely, i do love my life.

No comments: